Important Info on Joining

This is a Welcome Message inviting ALL to participate!
Robert S. Greenberg
Site Admin

Important Info on Joining

Post by Robert S. Greenberg »

Welcome to the Peds Anesthesia Discussion Group....really an evolution in progress.

Please take a few moments to register your name and become part of the group.

While the list is open to all interested in Peds Anesthesia/Critical Care/Pain Medicine, I must request that certain basics are adhered to....

- when you register, please use your REAL NAME*[see below]. That is, one that others will know you by, and will recognize who is, in fact, speaking. (For example: jksmth48 really isn't helpful. John K Smith is much more informative. (even more info can be included in the profile and/or signature once you're up and running) Those other names you use on various other forums won't do here! This is done so that 1) we know who is talking (and may facilitate that all-important handshake at a meeting one day), and 2) it helps keep the rifraff down to a dull roar [spam is a real problem on these systems].

- once you register, you need to check your email to "activate" the account (another means to protect from spam. I will then activate the access to the discussion groups. (yes, another level of spam protection)

- please keep the discussion to the topic (somewhere in the domain of pediatric anesthesia, critical care, and pain medicine). If you know me, you'll know I have no problem with opinionated discussion - but please maintain an appropriate level of decorum (if you have to wonder if something is inappropriate - then it likely isn't).

If you have questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Thanks!
Rob.

*After much consideration and thought, I've decided not to be too much of a stickler about the "use your real name" request.....it seems that folks don't wanna say something with their name attached to it...and that may be stifling conversation. So if it works better, go ahead and use "respectable" names as "handles" if you must. All registrations will continue to be "vetted" (I look for the emails on the SPAM/BOT lists to reduce that sort of stuff here). If you want, you can keep "both" registrations, and chime in as you see fit. And have fun (within reason) with the avatars. :lol:

Last bumped by Robert S. Greenberg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 pm.
Robert S. Greenberg, M.D.
Associate Professor
The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions