A new beginning...

This is a Welcome Message inviting ALL to participate!
Robert S. Greenberg
Site Admin

A new beginning...

Post by Robert S. Greenberg »

After an unimaginable bit of IT gymnastics, I (and others who prefer to remain unnamed) have created an independent website to host a community for pediatric anesthesia.

http://PedsAnesthesia.Net

This includes the migration of the old PHPBB forum.

http://PedsAnesthesia.Net/forum

It is now up and running.You can copy and paste these URLs into your browser and make this a favorite. I invite you to take a fresh look at it, create a conversation, stimulate discussion, and give me your suggestions for improvements...

I am still fiddling with just how I want this to exist....complimenting not competing with organizations like SPA and ESPA...and providing a genuine place for "community" that the others just can't offer.

Please put your thoughts (about the site itself) in the Suggestions and Feedback thread.
Enjoy.
Robert S. Greenberg, M.D.
Associate Professor
The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
Robert S. Greenberg
Site Admin

Re: A new beginning...

Wow.
This has been a very busy last several days.
I've gotten alot of great suggestions....here's what has been added so far...
Beyond the simple Welcome page, I've added a "donation" button that let's folks give a couple dollars (through paypal or credit card) to help me pay for the site and any add-ons I need to include. There is a monthly fee for the host and such. I promise the money will not go to my kids' tuition. :P
At the bottom of the Welcome page are several RSS feeds....to highlight some of the articles relevant to peds anesthesia. This may change over time as I get more facile with RSS feeds.
There are now several Organization quicklinks....like SPA and ESPA, but also the Asian society and Australia/New Zealand....after all, this is a site for the world.
Likewise there are several journal quicklinks....let me know if your favorite journal needs to be added.
Christine Mai has agreed to have me include links to her articles (highlighting them) on the Pediatric Anesthesia History page. This will be sure to be a growing and interesting corner of the site.
I've also added a calendar (using a GoogleCalendar push) to highlight activities and events related to Pediatric Anesthesia worldwide. Let me know if you want a meeting or activity included....it's easy.
Keep the ideas coming.
Rob
Associate Professor
Robert S. Greenberg
Site Admin

Re: A new beginning...

I've added links to the

American Society for PeriAnesthesia Nursing
Child Life Council.

I've also added a couple more links to Journals.
Associate Professor